"I found your column on the subject most entertaining. However perhaps you could lightly inform the TV buyers and advertisers that they are wasting their time on the 18 – 49 year olds.
Apart from the fact, they’ve never got much disposable income, this demographic group it is on the wane.
What they should be looking at is targeting the older viewer and attracting the grey pound. It is estimated that Europes senior citizens are set to grow by 60% over the next 40 years to 103 million.
In the UK alone
- There are 20 Million over 50 today
- More people are over 65 than under 16
- By 2021 over 65s will account for 50% of the population
- 25% of the online population
- Over the next 20 years the over 50s market will grow by more than 30%
- A collective spending power of £196 Billion
- 80% of the nations wealth & 60% of all savings
- Each month 50,000 people turn 50
How many will be watching TV and what do they like to see? Not big brother that’s for sure."